Petrovac is a town on the Budva Riviera, originally called Kastel Lastva named after the Castello fortress built in the 16th century. In 1902 in Petrovac were discovered late antique mosaics. The city is surrounded by Monasteries Re┼żevici, Gradiste, Katic and Sv Nedelja (St. Sunday), and there are Churches of St. Toma (Thomas) and St. Ilija (Elias) from the 14th century. According to legend, on the site of the Monastery Re┼żevici once existed pagan temples and ancient cemeteries of the Greek and Roman families. In 1223 year the Church Uspenje Presvete Bogorodice was built and Stefan Prvovencani built it, Church of St. Arhidjakon Stefan (Stephen the Archdeacon) was built in 1351 by Emperor Dusan. In 1770 year the Church of St. Trinity was built. In addition to the mainland part of the city are the islands Katic and Sv. Nedjelja (St. Sunday). Petrovac is now a major tourist destination with numerous sandy beaches. Close to major coastal towns Budva and Bar makes this city a peaceful place for relaxation and enjoyment.